Our Employment and Skills team is here to give Members practical, business-focused solutions across a wide range of employment issues.
Backed by years of unrivalled expertise, our team has extensive experience in advising on contracts of employment, discipline, grievance, equality, discrimination, recruitment, dismissal and redundancy issues.
This background means we’re able to offer constructive assistance with a range of today’s most common issues, including:
- bereavement and compassionate leave
- contracts of employment
- disciplinary matters
- drugs and alcohol at work
- lay-off and short-term working
- paternity leave and pay
To help keep Members up to date with the latest updates and guidance, we regularly issue employment affairs circulars and downloads, and publish helpful articles in our bi-monthly CABLEtalk magazine.
Working with the SJIB
Working on behalf of the Scottish Joint Industry Board (SJIB), our Employment team also provides the following services to Members and their operatives:
- Production and maintenance of the SJIB National Working Rules and advice on their application
- Advice on all aspects of operative grading, plus free grade checks on current and prospective employees
- Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) health, safety and environmental assessments under the Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
- Apprentice and adult electrotechnical training programmes, managed by the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust (SECTT).