Apply to join
If you would like to become a Member of SELECT or find out more, please phone our membership team on 0131 445 5577
or email us on [email protected]
Alternatively you can submit an online enquiry
or speak to your local Membership Representative
, who will be happy to guide you through the application process.
Your application for membership must be made using an official SELECT form. It must be signed by a principal, partner or director acting as your authorised signatory, and returned to one of our Membership Representatives.
Your application must be accompanied by:
- Your initial application fee
- Contact details of two suppliers, who we will contact for reference purposes
- Evidence that you hold public liability insurance cover of at least £2 million and a certificate of employers’ liability where appropriate
- For limited companies, a copy of a certificate of incorporation.
Once you have applied to become a SELECT Member, we will:
- Allow a 28-day period, during which Members may comment on your application
- Carry out a financial assessment on any references provided
- Check your public and employers' liability insurance
- Check the qualifications and training of your nominated qualified person.
Once this review period is over, one of our UKAS accredited Technical Advisers will contact you to arrange to carry out a technical assessment of your business.
Admission will be effective from the satisfactory completion of the above criteria. Successful applicants are required to pay the appropriate subscription and levy fee
upon acceptance. Once this has been made, you’ll be entitled to the full range of benefits and services provided by SELECT.
Applicants rejected from membership at any stage after the initiation of the commercial and technical assessments shall forfeit their initial application fee. Applicants rejected shall have the right of appeal to the SELECT Registration Board.
SELECT Member companies who hold accreditation for electrical installation are automatically considered for membership of the Scottish Joint Industry Board
Further information about joining SELECT can be found in our brochure, Gateway to membership
, which can be downloaded by clicking on the link. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call our Membership & Communications team on 0131 445 5577
or email [email protected]