Branch Updates are a key event in the SELECT calendar, during which Members can meet up with friends, hear the latest association and industry updates and receive guidance to help with everyday issues.
Meetings are usually held twice a year in each Branch area, with an in-depth technical update and Q&A session at the heart of every event. Guest speakers are also invited to discuss topical issues and promote new products, with a light supper provided afterwards.
The dates for the first Branch Updates and AGMs of 2022 have been finalised as follows:
- Inverness and North Scotland – Tuesday 8 March
- Glasgow and West of Scotland – Thursday 10 March
- Dumfries and Galloway – Tuesday 15 March
- Edinburgh and South East Scotland – Thursday 17 March
- Ayrshire – Tuesday 22 March
- Aberdeen and North East Scotland – Thursday 24 March
- Lanarkshire – Tuesday 29 March
- Tayside – Thursday 31 March
Meetings will be held online via the GoToWebinar platform and will start at 6pm. Each update will include a presentation on arc fault detection devices (AFDDs) and surge protection devices (SPDs) by Electrium, plus updates from SELECT and SECTT. A short Branch AGM will also be held afterwards to elect Branch Officers for 2022.
Get in touch
Branch Updates are a great opportunity to make your voice heard, so Members are invited to submit any questions in advance to [email protected]
For any further information about the Branch Updates, contact your Member Representative or call 0131 445 5577
The PowerPoint presentation on heat and smoke alarms and the new Tolerable Standard from our 2021 Autumn Branch Updates can be downloaded here.