The British Standards Institution (BSI) has published two newly revised European Standards on the safety of doors, gates and barriers – BS EN 12453:2017 and BS EN 12604:2017.
These new standards replace four older standards from 2000 and 2001; they represent a significant move forward. However, these standards do not completely address the risks that may be present and additional consideration should be given to the following aspects:
- Undertaking a risk assessment covering the unique environment and type of user
- The selection and implementation of appropriate design measures
- Ensuring appropriate levels of force limitation (below the specified maximum)
- Where the technology permits, ensuring that the safety function is monitored and checked before each movement; and
- Ensuring effective measures are in place to detect any means of failure in the means of suspension for vertically moving doors.
For more detail please follow the link given below.