Scotland's trade association for the electrical industry

SJIB Grade Cards

I have been working as an Electrician for years and have never needed an SJIB grade card. I would like to be graded by the SJIB but I can’t find any papers that prove I completed an apprenticeship in electrical installation. What should I do?
Contact City & Guilds who may be able to provide copies of your certificates.

City & Guilds, 1 Giltspur Street, London. EC1A 9DD
Tel: 020 7294 2800
Fax: 020 7294 2400

I have been working as an Electrician for a number of years but have no way of proving I completed a recognised apprenticeship in electrical installation. What can I do?
There is a programme called Crediting Electrotechnical Competence Scheme (CEC) which is primarily for practicing electricians who need to obtain industry recognised qualifications, in order for them to qualify for an SJIB grade card. The CEC scheme enables you to have your previous experience and / or qualifications assessed, so that any skills or qualification requirements can be identified. You can then upgrade your skills either at college or in the workplace. Once qualified, you can then apply for an Electricians SJIB grade card. For more information go to the SECTT website.

I completed an apprenticeship in Electrical Installation abroad; how do I get an SJIB grade card?
This is covered by the SJIB website.

My SJIB grade card has expired how do I get a new one?
Go to the SJIB website for information on how to renew your SJIB grade card.

Where can I get an application form to either renew or obtain an SJIB grade card?
Go to the SJIB website to view and download all application forms for Grade Cards.

How long does it take to receive my SJIB grade card?
If everything is in order, i.e. you have included copies of all relevant certificates, photograph, payment etc you will receive your card within three to four weeks. Failure to provide relevant documentation will result in a delay in your application being processed.

How can I find out more about re-grading to an Approved Electrician?
There are three different routes to becoming an Approved Electrician. The year the individual starts or completes their apprenticeship dictates the appropriate route.
For more information on how to re-grade to an Approved Electrician go to the SJIB website.

My card expired over a year ago and I need to do a BS 7671 course; where can I do the training?
You can contact your local college who run courses on BS 7671 IEE Wiring Regulations or BS 7671 Inspection and Testing courses throughout the year. Alternatively, you can go to our training section. SELECT runs these courses throughout Scotland.

SELECT for the Scottish electrotechnical industry
Contact SELECT        Careers  replica watches    Links  replica watches uk    Sitemap  replica watches    Accessibility  replica watches    
© SELECT 2015    |   Web design by Much Ado About Websites