What is it and who should join?
SELECT operates a probationary Membership scheme for those companies that cannot, at the time of a Membership enquiry, meet our full membership criteria. The scheme is principally aimed at new start businesses but can also apply to companies who do not yet have a suitably qualified electrician.
What are the benefits of being a probationary scheme Member?
- Access to unrivalled advice and guidance from our professional staff on all aspects of running an electrical contracting business;
- Receipt of our Members monthly mailshot and CableTalk magazine which covers legal, technical, contractual, health & safety and training matters;
- Use of our BS 7671 17th Edition Inspection & Testing sheets (These show you are a Member of the SELECT probationer scheme);
- Access to our non-member stationery (without the SELECT logo);
- Price concessions for SELECT training courses; and
- Access to the membership information pages of the SELECT website.
Probationer scheme companies shall NOT:
- Be considered as full members of SELECT
- Purport to be a member of SELECT
- Use or display the SELECT logo
- Be able to purchase SELECT branded stationery or publications
- Be able to become registered as an Approved Body/Approved Certifier of Construction under the Scottish Building Standards: Electrical Installations to BS7671 Certification Scheme
How long does the SELECT Probationary Membership last?
Registration to the scheme is for a twelve month period and you should ensure, before applying, that you will meet the full SELECT Membership criteria in that time frame.
How much does registration cost?
Probationary membership costs £200 plus VAT. Scheme participants who apply for full membership within the period of their registration may be entitled to a part-refund of their probationary fee upon becoming a full SELECT member.
How do I join?
If you are interested in the applying to join the probationer scheme please contact our membership team on 0131 445 5577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the online enquiry form.