If you're interested in joining SELECT, we can help so get in touch as soon as possible! We can assist with training, publications, certification and health & safety policies to help you become a member. We also offer a Probationary Scheme for companies who don't meet the full criteria. See below how to apply.
Please phone our membership team on 0131 445 5577 to apply to become a Member of SELECT or if you would like more information about joining.
Our Membership Representatives will be available to guide you through the application process.
Once you have applied to become a SELECT Member, we:
- Allow a 28 day period, during which Members may comment on your application;
- Carry out a financial assessment on the references you provide (usually wholesalers);
- Check your public & employers liability insurance;
- Check the qualifications and training of the nominated qualified person
5. One of our advisers will contact you to arrange to carry out a technical assessment.
Admission to membership will be effective from the satisfactory completion of the above criteria. Successful applicants are required to pay the appropriate subscription and levy fee upon acceptance and shall be entitled to the full range of benefits provided by SELECT once their subscription payment has been made.
Applicants rejected shall have the right of appeal to the SELECT Registration Board.
Applicants rejected from membership at any stage after the initiation of the commercial and technical assessments shall forfeit their initial application fee.
Please note: SELECT member companies who hold accreditation for Electrical Installation are automatically considered for membership of the Scottish Joint Industry Board (SJIB).